Beau Coops Billie Boot // Liam Caesura Sweater // Topshop Hayden Boyfriend Jean // Rails Rian Shirt // Nars Lipstick // Daniel Wellington Watch // Byredo Mojave Ghost Perfume // Rag & Bone Fedora // Deadly Ponies Mr Fill & Zip Twist
1. MANGO BELTED BIKER JACKET // A badass leather jacket not only goes with (nearly) everything, but also keeps you warm. Plus, leather only gets better with wear – how many things can you say that about!?
2. DIPTYQUE POMANDER CANDLE // This candle was one of my many amazing discoveries at Mecca Cosmetica. The scent instantly reminded me of home baking and being snuggled up by the fire on a cold winters night (what more could you want from a candle!?). So, if you’re anything like me, a.k.a love the smell of cinnamon and never got over the childhood novelty of gingerbread men, you will love this candle!
3. HAPPY SOCKS // It’s simple, Happy Socks make you happy! And in leopard print? Clearly a winter necessity.
4. NARS VELVET MATTE LIP PENCIL IN DRAGON GIRL // Winter weather tends to lead to outfit choices with muted colours. But never fear, this means you can rock a statement lip like you just don’t care. And what better way to make a statement than with a red lip!?
5. TOPSHOP WHITE RIPPED BOYFRIEND JEANS // In winter, comfort is key. Boyfriend jeans are the ultimate way to be comfortable, while still appearing ‘put together’.
6. COMME DES GARCONS AMAZING GREEN EAU DE PARFUM // This tough yet lush scent reminds me of a mysterious forest with notes of spice and musk intertwined with sweet flowers. And it is indeed amazing (as the name implies).
7. KAREN WALKER FILIGREE COIN PURSE // I don’t really have a reason as to why you need a new coin purse for winter – apart from the fact that this one is super cool and definitely won’t stick around for long.
8. MARC BY MARC JACOBS DYNAMITE LOGO UMBRELLA // I’m going to point out the obvious – it rains in winter and an umbrella protects you from said rain. So, why not invest in a super rad umbrella? Then you will only lose 10 cool points when standing on the side of the road fighting with the wind to keep it in the right way, instead of 20.
9. BEAU COOPS JERRY ANKLE BOOTS // So awesome, so warm, so waterproof, so essential for winter.
10. ACNE STUDIOS DANIA SWEATER // Soft and snuggly knitwear is mandatory. Knowing I’ve got a cosy piece of knitwear (especially an Acne Studios Mohair sweater) to wrap up in when abandoning my warm bed, ever so slightly eases my mind.
11. KAREN WALKER RUNAWAY GIRL MUG // A hot chocolate (with an excessive amount of marshmallows) is the highlight of my cold winters morning, and what makes a hot chocolate with marshmallows even better? An amazing mug to drink it out of, of course.
The winter weather has arrived faster than I expected, which has got me reaching for my jeans and jackets – but I find dressing for the winter season is such an art and I feel so unprepared! The layering of items to create a cohesive outfit really does take some pre-winter organisation, which for some reason (refusing to believe summer is over), I have neglected this year. So, this called for some serious winter outfit inspiration seeking and hopefully – if you’re in the same boat as me (aka have completely forgotten about the concept of warm clothes), these looks will give you a nudge towards your ideal winter wardrobe.
Alice + Olivia Collarless Blazer // Sass & Bide Rain Dance Leather Pants // Topshop Split Side Tee // Ray Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses // ASOS Panorama Heel Monki Lorena Jacket // Topshop Knitted Cable Jumper // Mother Denim The Looker Wild Thing Jean // Catarzi Fedora // Senso Qimat V Boot Nasty Gal Moto Zip Crop Jacket // Boohoo Rowie Moss Stitch Jumper // Topshop Moto Black Ripped Jaime Jeans // Saint Laurent Classic Metal Aviator Glasses // New Balance 420 Sneakers (similar here)
As much as I love summer, I have noticed that the temperature is beginning to fall which has got me (secretly) excited because it means I can start thinking about my Autumn/Winter wardrobe. When these cooler months roll around, there is nothing more crucial than that outer layer, that outfit topper – the jacket.
I have put together a collection of my favourite jacket trends from the runway and some similar picks to help you master each look. Yip, I’ve got you covered (pun intended).
It’s common for fashion loving Oscar viewers to have a number of looks they adore on the red carpet and I’m usually part of that majority. But for the 2014 Oscars there was one look that I loved so much, as soon as I saw it I completely lost interest in everything else and spent the rest of my afternoon intermittently glancing at the television screen with my main focus on Google, where I searched frantically for more picture of the heavenly dress and the celebrity who did it such justice! It was, Lupita Nyong’o in Prada.
Now, it’s common knowledge that Lupita Nyong’o never looks short of amazing, but WOW. Such a beautiful dress on such a stunning lady! I have always loved the colour “duck egg blue”, as Ryan Seacrest so brilliantly described it, and this dress rekindled my obsession, while confirming that yes it is indeed my all time favourite colour (for now). So with this in mind, I have been on a mission to add more bluey tones to my wardrobe and have put together my current duck egg blue inspired wish list to share with you.
By Johnny Liya Mini Skirt | Lonely Lulu Underwire Bra | Topshop Oversized Casual Stripe Shirt | Sass & Bide Doing My Thing Denim Overalls | Essie Nail Polish in ‘Find Me an Oasis’ | Gap Wide Brim Fedora (similar here) | Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue | Nike Air Max Thea | Illesteva Leonard Sunglasses | James Blake Record | Isadora Metallic Eye Pen | See by Chloe SB20040 Sandal | Coola Mineral Face SPF30 | Marc by Marc Jacobs Animal Patch Pouch | Nature Girl Body Cream