While I have nothing against applying a lovely dewy foundation with my fingers for a natural finish, I am a firm believer that good beauty tools can make all the difference when it comes to getting that flawless ‘my skin but better’ makeup look we all desire.
So, I have decided to share my five essential beauty tools that I believe every girl (or boy) should own!
1. Real Techniques Blush Brush // Despite the name, I don’t actually use this brush for applying blush as I find it slightly too big. However, it applies all over face powder like a dream and is great for effortlessly blending bronzer onto the neck and torso. It does an amazing job at distributing product evenly and making everything look soft and natural.
2. NARS Yachiyo Kabuki Brush // Since discovering this little gem, I can’t imagine my makeup routine without it. This is the answer to perfect blush application – the domed design is perfectly shaped to fit the apples of the cheeks and blend seamlessly, delivering the perfect amount of colour every time. Oh, and if you’re wondering why the handle looks hand-made, that’s because it is! – Inspired by traditional Japanese beauty rituals, each brush is hand-spun with black wisteria to add to its unique character (how’s that for special!?).
3. Real Techniques Buffing Brush // The densely packed bristles in this brush create an airbrushed effect on the skin, making it ideal for blending concealer under the eyes and on any imperfections you may have. It also does an excellent job of applying foundation and cream blushes/bronzers/highlighters – the perfect multi-tasker if you’re out and about or travelling!
4. BareMinerals Precision Face Brush // Ok, I’m just going to come right out and say it – this is the BEST foundation brush ever! (and believe me, I have tried a lot). It smooths on makeup like no other, never leaves streaks and gives the perfect amount of coverage. Not to mention the angled bristles make it perfect for blending around the nose and eyes. It is beyond amazing!
5. Beauty Blender // Whether it’s for applying foundation, concealer, cream brush/bronzer/highlighter, or touching up your makeup after a long day, the beauty blender is a definite must have. The trick – always make sure the sponge is damp before use for flawless application and an amazing dewy finish.