Beau Coops Billie Boot // Liam Caesura Sweater // Topshop Hayden Boyfriend Jean // Rails Rian Shirt // Nars Lipstick // Daniel Wellington Watch // Byredo Mojave Ghost Perfume // Rag & Bone Fedora // Deadly Ponies Mr Fill & Zip Twist
While I have nothing against applying a lovely dewy foundation with my fingers for a natural finish, I am a firm believer that good beauty tools can make all the difference when it comes to getting that flawless ‘my skin but better’ makeup look we all desire.
So, I have decided to share my five essential beauty tools that I believe every girl (or boy) should own!
1. Real Techniques Blush Brush // Despite the name, I don’t actually use this brush for applying blush as I find it slightly too big. However, it applies all over face powder like a dream and is great for effortlessly blending bronzer onto the neck and torso. It does an amazing job at distributing product evenly and making everything look soft and natural.
2. NARS Yachiyo Kabuki Brush // Since discovering this little gem, I can’t imagine my makeup routine without it. This is the answer to perfect blush application – the domed design is perfectly shaped to fit the apples of the cheeks and blend seamlessly, delivering the perfect amount of colour every time. Oh, and if you’re wondering why the handle looks hand-made, that’s because it is! – Inspired by traditional Japanese beauty rituals, each brush is hand-spun with black wisteria to add to its unique character (how’s that for special!?).
3. Real Techniques Buffing Brush // The densely packed bristles in this brush create an airbrushed effect on the skin, making it ideal for blending concealer under the eyes and on any imperfections you may have. It also does an excellent job of applying foundation and cream blushes/bronzers/highlighters – the perfect multi-tasker if you’re out and about or travelling!
4. BareMinerals Precision Face Brush // Ok, I’m just going to come right out and say it – this is the BEST foundation brush ever! (and believe me, I have tried a lot). It smooths on makeup like no other, never leaves streaks and gives the perfect amount of coverage. Not to mention the angled bristles make it perfect for blending around the nose and eyes. It is beyond amazing!
5. Beauty Blender // Whether it’s for applying foundation, concealer, cream brush/bronzer/highlighter, or touching up your makeup after a long day, the beauty blender is a definite must have. The trick – always make sure the sponge is damp before use for flawless application and an amazing dewy finish.
1. MANGO BELTED BIKER JACKET // A badass leather jacket not only goes with (nearly) everything, but also keeps you warm. Plus, leather only gets better with wear – how many things can you say that about!?
2. DIPTYQUE POMANDER CANDLE // This candle was one of my many amazing discoveries at Mecca Cosmetica. The scent instantly reminded me of home baking and being snuggled up by the fire on a cold winters night (what more could you want from a candle!?). So, if you’re anything like me, a.k.a love the smell of cinnamon and never got over the childhood novelty of gingerbread men, you will love this candle!
3. HAPPY SOCKS // It’s simple, Happy Socks make you happy! And in leopard print? Clearly a winter necessity.
4. NARS VELVET MATTE LIP PENCIL IN DRAGON GIRL // Winter weather tends to lead to outfit choices with muted colours. But never fear, this means you can rock a statement lip like you just don’t care. And what better way to make a statement than with a red lip!?
5. TOPSHOP WHITE RIPPED BOYFRIEND JEANS // In winter, comfort is key. Boyfriend jeans are the ultimate way to be comfortable, while still appearing ‘put together’.
6. COMME DES GARCONS AMAZING GREEN EAU DE PARFUM // This tough yet lush scent reminds me of a mysterious forest with notes of spice and musk intertwined with sweet flowers. And it is indeed amazing (as the name implies).
7. KAREN WALKER FILIGREE COIN PURSE // I don’t really have a reason as to why you need a new coin purse for winter – apart from the fact that this one is super cool and definitely won’t stick around for long.
8. MARC BY MARC JACOBS DYNAMITE LOGO UMBRELLA // I’m going to point out the obvious – it rains in winter and an umbrella protects you from said rain. So, why not invest in a super rad umbrella? Then you will only lose 10 cool points when standing on the side of the road fighting with the wind to keep it in the right way, instead of 20.
9. BEAU COOPS JERRY ANKLE BOOTS // So awesome, so warm, so waterproof, so essential for winter.
10. ACNE STUDIOS DANIA SWEATER // Soft and snuggly knitwear is mandatory. Knowing I’ve got a cosy piece of knitwear (especially an Acne Studios Mohair sweater) to wrap up in when abandoning my warm bed, ever so slightly eases my mind.
11. KAREN WALKER RUNAWAY GIRL MUG // A hot chocolate (with an excessive amount of marshmallows) is the highlight of my cold winters morning, and what makes a hot chocolate with marshmallows even better? An amazing mug to drink it out of, of course.
The winter weather has arrived faster than I expected, which has got me reaching for my jeans and jackets – but I find dressing for the winter season is such an art and I feel so unprepared! The layering of items to create a cohesive outfit really does take some pre-winter organisation, which for some reason (refusing to believe summer is over), I have neglected this year. So, this called for some serious winter outfit inspiration seeking and hopefully – if you’re in the same boat as me (aka have completely forgotten about the concept of warm clothes), these looks will give you a nudge towards your ideal winter wardrobe.
Alice + Olivia Collarless Blazer // Sass & Bide Rain Dance Leather Pants // Topshop Split Side Tee // Ray Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses // ASOS Panorama Heel Monki Lorena Jacket // Topshop Knitted Cable Jumper // Mother Denim The Looker Wild Thing Jean // Catarzi Fedora // Senso Qimat V Boot Nasty Gal Moto Zip Crop Jacket // Boohoo Rowie Moss Stitch Jumper // Topshop Moto Black Ripped Jaime Jeans // Saint Laurent Classic Metal Aviator Glasses // New Balance 420 Sneakers (similar here)
Mandals were a huge hit this summer, with a pair framing every fashionistas tootsies. Birkenstocks, being the originals were easily the most seen brand on the street, however Senso released a kick ass range, spicing up the mandal world with metallics and animal prints, regularly featuring alongside Birkys on fashion blogs. I must say, this is a style where fashion meets comfort and I’m certainly not complaining! They go with everything, they look great and you can even wear them in the cooler months paired with socks – so they definitely make the must have list!
I have always loved all things marble, so when I saw this amazing idea on Henriette Amlie Kalbekken’s blog Design Lykke I knew I had to make it my next DIY project!
WHAT YOU NEED:
– Marble contact paper
– A sharp craft knife
– A Macbook
Step one // Place the contact paper over your Macbook and roughly cut it to the same size.
Step two // Remove the protective seal from the back of the contact paper and slowly stick it to your Macbook (using a ruler to flatten the contact paper as you go helps to prevent air bubbles).
Step three // Use a sharp craft knife to cut around the edges of your Macbook.
Step four // Cut around the Apple logo and peel it off (if you have trouble seeing the edges of the logo you can lift your laptop lid slightly so the light shines through.